Tuesday 7 February 2012

DVD Releases for February 7, 2012

Time to take a look at a selection of DVD releases for Tuesday February 7, 2012! And also for Saturday 11, 2012 to boot as this upcoming weekend be have the very special release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1.

  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part I I really thought this one would be out in April like Twilight & New Moon but they are releasing in now so everyone can enjoy it just in time for Valentine's Day which is pretty brilliant timing as it has some of the most romantic moments of the series (release date: Saturday February 11, 2012).
  • Anonymous This mystery of who was the real William Shakespeare period piece is one of the film 2011 films I missed in the theatre, and I really regret that but at least now I can catch up with it on DVD!
  • A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas Christmas films often have weirdly timed releases for DVD, but I have a feeling Harold & Kumar bringing the Christmas cheer can work 365 days a year. I know I have a guilty-pleasure sense of wanting to see it. Lots of release options for this film including 3D Combo Pack with BluRay/DVD/Digital.
  • The Lady and the Tramp: Diamond Edition Classic Disney film getting the Diamond Edition treatment! It's a real cute one, and it's been ages since I've seen it.
  • The Assault I’m not a fan of terrorism as a backdrop for action film, but I am a fan of Julian Leclerq (Chrysalis) so I'm torn on if I want to dive into this one. Looks pretty freaking intense. Currently not available on Amazon.com (US).
  • Texas Killing Fields (DVD/BluRay Combo Pack) horror/thriller film following hunt for a serial killer with local small town detective (Sam Worthington) and New York City detective (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).
  • Super Shark How did this one not cross my path before? It looks like a shark vs the … military? That is just the amount of ridiculous I enjoy in a shark film!
  • Metal Shifters This film has the honour of being the first film I watched in 2012! It's a pretty fun B-Movie which also goes by the title Iron Invader.
  • Machete Joe I'm curious about this film which has the premise of our of work actors decided to make the own low budget horror movie, and of course it's all going to go horribly wrong.
  • Stormhouse Can't help but be curious about a film that has the premise of the military capturing a supernatural entity, and yep, I'm pretty sure it's also going to go horribly wrong! No playing with entities!
  • The Hour BBC Series set in BBC newsroom 1956 and stars Dominic Cooper, Ben Whishaw, Anna Chancellor and Anton Lesser and I have to be honest it looks pretty awesome.
  • Downton Abbey The Second Season There is a lot of love and energy around this award-winning show set in Yorkshire during The Great War.
Titles on Amazon.ca(Canada):



Titles on Amazon.com (US):

No comments:

Post a Comment