Sunday 2 October 2011

Book to Film News: Hunger Games & Breaking Dawn Posters, Trailers & More


Hunger Games Poster Spotting!

Could of first time seeing posters out and about including the Hunger Games Poster (above), and I actually love the poster. It's got a fire-y feel to it and it also shows the great tag line for the film "May the Odds Ever Be In Your Favour". The film is based on the first book in the Suzanne Collins Trilogy and will be released on March 23, 2012. The very quick teaser trailer has been out for a bit yet, but I still think the poster conveys the feel of the book stronger so far. I'm sure there will be lots more to come as this dystopic film starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson & Liam Hemsworth has the marketing machine going very strong. Check out more at the films official website.



Second up for posters is the first out and about spotting of a Breaking Dawn Part I poster and I actually quite like the design although it doesn't pop up too well from the photo. I think with the Twilight series I've almost always like the first posters better than the character posters, I think because they full embrace the colour story for each film and have a timeless quality to them. I love the series, but this is my least favourites of the books and I did re-read it recently in preparation for the film. You can hear my thoughts on the book over at Before the Dawn where Marina & I hash out our takes on the last book in the series with out Breaking Dawn. The film also has an actual full trailer giving us a stronger look at the look, feel and focus Part 1 will have.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 will be out on November 18, 2011.

Bookperk

I stumbled on a new website this week that's pretty awesome for book lovers, it's called Bookperk they offer exclusive merchandise tied into books and authors, and lucky for us some book to film adaptations as well. Currently they have an offer for What's Your Number in paperback, plus signed poster by the Anna Faris & Chris Evans. The film What's Your Number came out just this weekend and stars Anna Faris who plays a woman on a journey as she looks back at her past 20 relationships to see if any of them could have been "The One", along with the help of neighbour Chris Evans. The film is based on the book20 Times a Lady by Karyn Bosnak, which has now been renamed to What's Your Number just like the film.

Shakespeare, Everywhere!

Eddie Marsan will have his directorial debut with the film Pell Mell, an adaptation of Shakespeare's Richard III and Ralph Fiennes has directed Coriolanus starring Fiennes, Gerard Butler & Brian Cox which was just recently at TIFF and is to open on December 2, 2011. I'm always psyched to hear about Shakespeare adaptations. For one, as I'm reading all of them as a part of my Mega-List and also as I find when I read them I have no idea what is going on so I love seeing the interpretations of the great stories by people who know, love and understand them so well.

Photobucket



I got a (hopefully!) great selection of book to film adaptations from the library this week that I'd love to share. Two of them even be potentials for upcoming Book to Film Club choices:

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, it has an upcoming film adaptations in the works set for June 1 2011. No casting into yet but it has been described in a press release as "is a gripping love story infused with suspense and discovery. When a young woman escaping her past moves to a small North Carolina town, and falls for a loving widowed father, he heals her heart, and helps her escape the danger that threatens her"

Cosmopolis Don DeLillo, a 2012 film adaptation from directed by David Cronenberg, starring Robert Patinson, Jay Barachual, Paul Giamatti, Juliette Binochi, Samantha Morton, Sarah Gadon, Kevin Durand. A day in the life and the car of a billionaire

Drive by James Sallis, The adaptation for this book is currently in theatres and I LOVED IT. Reading a book after seeing the film isn't my normal method but I really wanted to dive deeper into the main character, Driver, so I'm aching to dive in.

I haven't had a chance to dive into them yet (I'm reading Adam Copeland on Edge right now and loving it!). So many books, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment