Tuesday 29 November 2011

DVD Releases for Tuesday November 29, 2011

Time to take a look at a selection of DVD releases for Tuesday November 29, 2011 (and one for Dec 2)!

  • One Day (DVD Review) fabulous adaptation of the David Nicholls following two friends on the same day of their relationship over the years. 2011 Book to Film Club selection; film stars Anne Hathaway & Jim Sturgess, directed by Lone Scherfig.
  • Another Earth (BluRay/DVD/Digital combo) This is one of my favourite films of the year (I mis-wrote earth, har-har), a touching, emotional science fiction drama that follows the impact of the appearance of Another Earth in the sky. Absolutely fascinating look at human nature & emotional power and has some of my favourite moments in film from 2011.
  • The Rhythm In Me (Sur le Rythme) This Canadian dance film is #4 on my most anticipated films of 2011 list and I can't wait to see it!! It stars So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 1 winner Nico Archambault and Mylène St-Sauveur. It has the feel of a great blend of dance film & coming into your own. love that. Directed by Charles-Olivier Michaud. (not currently available on Amazon.com)
  • Tucker & Dale vs Evil (DVD Review) Hilarious horror/comedy that is an absolute must-see for genre fans. I'm not kidding, just see the film. DVD has freaking awesome commentary to boot. Stars Tyler Labine, Alan Tudyk & Katrina Bowden.
  • The Future really beautiful indie film with a quirky tone and pace and this one really resonated with me and I would strongly recommend it. Directed, writing & starring Miranda July.
  • Griff the Invisible Australian comedy starring Ryan Kwanten as regular guy by day, superhero by night. At least it appears so. It's actually a very sweet drama with a lovely romance and very caring look at people and relationships. Also stars Maeve Dermody.
  • The Sylvian Experiments / Kyôfu (DVD Review) totally creepy medical/supernatural Japanese horror film
  • The Presence horror starring Mira Sorvino, Justin Kirk, Tony Curran and Shane West
  • Chillerama (DVD Review) - Horror anthology including films Wadzilla, I Was a Teenage Werebear, The Diary of Anne Frankenstein, and Zom-B-Movie. Yep. Gotta see that one.
  • Alien Armageddon Wow, this is pretty much the exact same cover art as Cowboys vs Aliens and the notation is that 'The Battle for Los Angeles Continues". I like some B-Movies but I like original ideas too… (Amazon.com release date: Dec 6 2011)
  • Helldriver OTT Japanese gorefest from Yoshihiro Nishimura
  • The Art of Getting By sweet looking drama/romance starring Freddie Highmore and Emma Roberts.
  • Sarahs' Key / Elle s'appelait Sarah a current day Paris-set drama as a journalist who becomes involved in the life of a girl from the 1942 Vel' d'Hiv Roundup starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Mélusine Mayance.
  • Smallville Season 10 It's amazing to see this epic Superman TV series finally come to a close, and I wish I had stuck with this one and it kind of freaks me out that it's been on 10 years and how many things have changed in that time (and that during some of that time I didn't have cable!)
  • Smallville The Complete Series In case you are like me and missed (or just want) the whole thing, now you can get it. I know I'd love to get my hands on this one as it is on my list to watch all 10 seasons. I'm still wading through Stargate though, so I might wait a bit until I take on a 2nd 10-season series.
  • Friends with Benefits non-relationship comedy with Justin Timberlake & Mila Kunis
  • 30 Minutes of Less comedy starring Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari in a comedy that mixes up pizza delivery worker as a hostage to commit a bank robbery. Crazy premise alert! Although, it does look pretty funny.
  • Our Idiot Brother it's a week of comedies and this one stars Paul Rudd as the Idiot Brother to Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel & Emily Mortimer - and have to say, love that cast of ladies but all the emphasis is on him. Not sure if that's enough to get me to watch!
  • The Smurfs and sneaking in one Friday December 6, 2011 release we have The Smurfs aka Les Schtroumpfs who are take on the city in all their blue zaniness. They look a little more apples tall than I remember!
Titles on Amazon.ca(Canada):


Titles on Amazon.com (US):

No comments:

Post a Comment