Sunday 3 July 2011

July Book to Film Club Book Selection: The Help

Photobucket

July 2011 Book: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Set in Mississippi during the early 1960s the centred on unlikely friendships and courageous women. The film stars Emma Stone (Paper Man), Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer, Directed by Tate Taylor (Pretty Ugly People).
Film Release Date: August 12, 2011 (see trailer here)

This one I found has been wildly popular and I put my library hold request in early (it had over 900 hold requests in Toronto!) and just recently got it. Even with moving around the corner I think I'll make it through as I'll have some in transit time which I find tends to be a great time to get some reading done. Besides, after getting through On the Road - I feel like I could get through just about anything! The Help is a bit of a different pick than what I normally read, but I have dipped in a bit and am enjoying it so far.

I hope you will join us in reading The Help this month!

You can join the Book to Film Club at any time. Sign up for updates here.



No comments:

Post a Comment